Bad girl Alexandra Burke delivers a knockout blow to last year’s X Factor runner up, Olly Murs – she’s shoved him off the #1 spot after only one week, causing much mirth in the Unreality Shout camp, let me tell you!
The minor drawback of this is that she leapfrogged Miss Perry’s Teenage Dream single, causing it to languish at #2 for yet another week! And for the second week in a row, an act from Sky One’s Must Be The Music has made the Top Ten. Let’s take a look at this week’s top ten singles:
- Alexandra Burke – Start Without You: Effortlessly taking the #1 with her Carribean-tinged single, just like I said she would. Do you think she can squeeze in another single before Christmas?
- Katy Perry – Teenage Dream: Katy’s anthemic nostalgia trip settles in for a second week at #2, but we still love it. (Incidentally, she’s the readers’ favourite X Factor guest judge on our sister site, Unreality TV)
- Taio Cruz – Dynamite: The guys are calling Dynamite a bland, by-the-numbers Taio Cruz track, but I kind of like it.
- Olly Murs – Please Don’t Let Me Go: Har har har! If you like your men bland and cheesy, the Charmless Mr Murs is for you. Let’s hope he’s slipped out of the charts completely before next Sunday and we can all set about forgetting him.
- The Script – For The First Time: Haven’t heard this one yet, but our very own OddOne says “A modern rock classic this is not.” Steer clear.
- McFly – Party Girl: Funny story – Harry from MyFly retweeted our glowing review of McFly’s comeback single. It may well be the best-read single review on Shout this year!
- Eminem ft Rihanna – Love The Way You Lie: The peroxide loving rapper’s triumphant return continues with a duet with up and coming singer, Rihanna. She’s going to be big, that girl. Mark our words.
- Katy B – Katy On A Mission: I’m reliably informed that this one is another pop turkey. Thankfully, it hasn’t assailed my ears yet.
- Flo Rida ft David Guetta – Club Can’t Handle Me: This one I love. I know the guys don’t approve of Guetta’s influence on the pop charts, and it does sound too close to I Gotta Feelin for comfort. But it remains awesome.
- Emma’s Imagination – This Day: Wonderful acoustic tune from Must Be The Music act Emma’s Imagination. You’ll love this song, and it absolutely deserves to be a hit.
Just to play you out of this post – here’s Glaswegian busker Emma playing her song on last week’s Must Be The Music. As always, Unreality Shout supports up and coming artists – please show your support for Emma by buying her single on iTunes!