Take That fans will want to tune into tonight’s Comic Relief to watch the fivesome face off against their newest chart rivals, Fake That.
In case you haven’t realised, Fake That are comprised of crack comedians Alan Carr, Catherine Tate, James Corden, John Bishop and David Walliams. Of course, this isn’t Walliams’ first time taking the piss out of Take That – he used to do a wonderful send-up on a show called Rock Profiles, playing a lisping Howard Donald. “Anybody want some nibbles?” Check it out:
The Fake That sketch will be shown tonight (Friday 18th March, BBC One from 7pm) as part of Red Nose Day’s big TV extravaganza on BBC One and will be available to download from iTunes from midnight tonight.
Here’s the list of who’s playing who in Fake That:
- James Corden = Gary Barlow
- John Bishop = Robbie Williams
- Alan Carr = Mark Owen
- Catherine Tate = Jason Orange
- David Walliams = Howard Donald
The sketch sees the five comedians take to the stage for a Take That tribute band audition, with none other than the real Take That sitting behind the judges table. They go to extreme lengths in a bid to impress the man-band, with the use of props, numerous costume changes and complicated choreography. This is guaranteed to be fun!
Despite his experience of playing Howard Donald in the past, David Walliams said he found the dance moves daunting:
Being in a boyband for the day was really tiring. We had to do all the dance moves – but when Take That did it they were like, 22 – I’m 39, and I just thought ‘I can’t handle this’!”
Fake That will be one of many hilarious highlights on tonight’s show for Red Nose Day. Other things to look out for tonight include:
- James Corden will be back with the third instalment of his Smithy trilogy, which will feature some of the biggest names in showbiz – including Sir Paul McCartney
- Kim Cattrall, Jennifer Saunders, Joanna Lumley, Victoria Wood and many more stars come together for what promises to be a side-splitting spoof of Downton Abbey
- Andy Murray makes a guest appearance in a special Outnumbered sketch
- The cast of Miranda are in a hilarious skit which features heart-throb boys JLS
- Culinary novices Miranda Hart, Ruby Wax and Claudia Winkleman go ‘spatula to spatula’ in a hilarious cook off for Comic Relief does Masterchef
- There’s double trouble in the TARDIS with a specially shot mini episode of Doctor Who
- TV Burp’s cheeky Harry Hill will also be doing something funny for money in a special sketch will some surprise guest appearances
- Catch highlights from Ant & Dec‘s Big Red Nose Broadcast, which saw the comedy duo gate crash TV and radio shows for 12 solid hours earlier in the week.
- Keeping the comedy rolling through the night, there’ll also be special moments from Armstrong & Miller, Alan Partridge, Summer Heights High favourite Chris Lilley and those sneaky sixth formers The Inbetweeners will show off the best bits from their Rude Road Trip for Red Nose Day
Tune in to BBC One from 7pm tonight for all the Red Nose Day fun!