Big Brother 2013

Past my sell by's picture

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone out there is going to be applying for Big Brother 2013?  And if so, why??  I know my reasons for applying but would like to know why other people fancy being on the show.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
slaneyvalley's picture

Have you applied and how did you get on

A few years ago (maybe six or seven) I might have considered the notion but the idea of queing in the cold and then getting nowhere put me off. I certainly wouldn't consider it now as it has gone far tooo much PC for me. I like watching it nevertheless and do miss Rosie and strassto commenting on here our thoughts etc. We haven't caught up for a while so Rosie and Strassto if you read this, how about getting together for the CBB, plus I'd love to know how you are all doing.

Have you applied 'pass my sell by?' I would love to know about the proceedure etc. Hope you are well.

Big Brother 2013

Hi slaneyvalley

Haven't been on here for a while...but yes, just sent in my audition video and application (video posted on Youtube) much to my children's embarrassment and dismay!  The thought of getting into the house really appeals, especially the fun of it all, but whether I would like it in reality is another matter...take a look at the 2013 auditions on Youtube and you will see what kind of person is applying, some are down to earth but the majority are self-obsessed.  I think my desire to get in stems from wanting to laugh a lot and to do something a bit mad before I die!  No doubt I will be watching the programme from the comfort of my armchair as always and venting my spleen on here...bye for now.

slaneyvalley's picture

Giving it a go

I guess it is worth to see how far you can get 'Past my sell by.' I wonder if they look for certain types in different years - like the year when there was no-one older that 35 and for me that was the worst BB. I guess if you don't buy a lottery ticket you are not going to win - not that you win anything if you do buy one. I really wish you look and can imagine you as the bubbly, fun loving type (a rarity on BB). Is your YouTube audition a specific one under a certain name? I don't want to go trailing through them all whilst looking for one in particular. Well it is the CBB tomorrow night so it will be interesting to see who we know and who we don't know. I have a freind of a freind who knows a celebrity - now I wonder if that makes me a celebrity! doh. Happy New Year to you by the way (2013 just might be your year).

CBB

Happily watching CBB this season...so far so good, although I think they pinched the idea of splitting the house into the main house and the 'basement' from Celebrity Jungle don't you? (good camp, bad camp)  I like Rylan (although I'm not too keen on his bad habits as shown on last night's show!!!!) and Razor seems good fun..Gillian Taylforth is a bit grating (always smiling) and the other woman (can't remember her name and can't be bothered to Google it!) that knows last year's winner (yes the one who got her bits out on t.v. Denise Welch) is a bit boring so far.  I think Clare from Steps will probably walk it...it's between her and Rylan...they just come across as genuine people, although Rylan will probably be kicking himself when they show all his bitching to the housemates, as they usually do.  Not sure if I can stand the ridicule but might put a link to my video on here...there's bound to be some haters!!  One of my friend's daughters has just been on Take Me Out and she posted some stills from the show on her Facebook page...most of her friends were supportive but she received some really terrible comments...all for just wanting some fun out of life.  I cannot for the life of me understand why people accept 'friend' requests on Facebook...after all, they are people they have never met so how can they know what they are really like..these people are the haters that are so jealous of other people's success that they have to bring them down.  It's a good job she is a well-adjusted human being and can ignore the rubbish remarks.  phew! rant over...Happy New Year to you too.

Unreality Shout ... Big Brother Youtube Audition 2013

Hi slaneyvalley,

Well here goes...have a laugh...remember though, it was Christmas and the champagne was aflowing (well that's my excuse for donning the disguise) - just tried to stand out from the crowd..did it work?  There's also a video on my Youtube channel of me attempting a song although the sound keeps cutting out.  However, having given you lot on here access to my Youtube channel, I don't think my opinions on here will ever be taken seriously again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khOrV89LgvI

slaneyvalley's picture

Your Audition Video

Just watched you audition video (the one you linked on here) and I thought it was very funny. You seem to have a great bubbly personality and wonderful sense of humour. Personally, from what I have seen, I could see you as a HM and would deffo watch if you were chosen - and I would vote to save you. Good luck with it, you never know!

On this years CBB, I'm kinda into it now. Tonight is the first eviction night and it does appear that Paula will be the first to go (women have always been the first out, both in the normal BB and CBB - which I think is a shame).Personally I am hoping that Frankie putting himself up will backfire. He seems like a nice guy but other than being nice has nothing really to offer. Paula is wacky which is all the more reason I'd like her to stay - the others seem terrified of her. And I'm really liking Speidi, they are Pratts by name and nature but Spencer knows how to liven things up. BB must have paid them a lot of money to take part so I can't imagine BB would want them out just yet.

Regards the others - I'm finding most of them dull. I so don't like Rylan, didn't on the X-Factor and even more now. Lacey with her screeching voice would do my head in. Gillian very quiet, Claire very emotional, Razor a bit of a laugh, Sam good candy for the eye if that's what the ladies like. Ryan (Toadie) is growing on me. Tricia looks bossy. I'm sure there is one I left out. All in all, after another few days it might liven up. Hope there are nominations face to face.

Audition video

Thanks slaneyvalley for the kind comments...trouble is having a sense of humour does not seem to be high on the list for BB...not had any contact as yet...some of the audition videos have had hundreds if not thousands of hits, mainly because they all have lots of so-called Facebook 'friends' ..not something I'm into given my age..just had another birthday yesterday (damn!) You can understand now why my children are not impressed with me putting my audition on Youtube!!?

Did you see BB tonight?  looks like you are going to get your wish as they will be nominating face to face.  I think it's going to get a lot better now they are moving Speidi into the revamped basement and they get some control over the house (sorry if you haven't watched it and I'm spoiling it for you!)  Looking forward to seeing tomorrow night's instalment.

slaneyvalley's picture

Speidi in Hiding

I'm not a fan of facebook either (or twitter for that matter). I once had a facebook account (about four years ago) and ended up being invted to be friends of people I had never heard off. One friend sent me a request to join some club or other and when I opened it, I was suddenly sending e-mails to all in my address book, e-mails I hadn't actually sent them, so I was phished. Fortunately, thanks to the adivce from someone on the old unreality shout forum (before Gerald created this one) I was able to sort it out. I had my facebook account for three weeks and that was enough.

It is hard to know what kind of HMs BB wants as every year they seem to have a mind set. I don't think it pays to be nice on a video audition, they don't always go for honest, straight forward people which is a shame. Do you know of anybody else who had auditioned and then heard anything?

I did watch CBB last night (so you didn't spoil anything). I hope the intention of putting Speidi into the spare room for them to observe the others will prove fruitfull. Butsometimes our expectation of an explosive house don't always come to pass. I remember Frankie saying to Razor, when he allowed Speidi to go to the house, that it will kick-off. Our anticipation came to nothing. Rylan played dumb and Spencer didn't confront him. So I'd be prepared for a bit of an anti-climax. I believe it is Sam and Ryan up for Friday night and I guess that's goodbye to Sam. 

I would really love Rosie and Strassto to join us on here (like the old days). I wonder how they are. Anyway I guess we will keep ourselves amused with the CBB shenanigans.

Speidi in Hiding

Well at least it was a more interesting programme last night...not keen on the way Speidi are reacting...one minute they think Sam is fantastic and the next 'he's off my list'...very fickle.  You would think though, after all these years of BB episodes with the various twists and turns that housemates would have the sense to realise their comments would bounce back at them and maybe tone it down a bit ..or maybe they should only pass sarcastic comments if they have the backbone to back them up when confronted?  I wonder also how Sam was edited?  We only ever got to see the boring parts like him sleeping ..I'm sure BB can manipulate who goes by clever editing. We've also not seen Claire doing an awful lot apart from suppressing crying so maybe she will be the next to go especially as she's up against Rylan who has a massive following.

Funniest part for me though was when Ryan got splatted with dog food..loved it! Big Brother missed a trick though in my opinion...Speidi could have been given the chance to do so much more damage in the house....remember when they gave control of the shower to two housemates in the secret room...funny to watch as they turned the shower from freezing cold to boiling hot whilst someone was in it!