Britain's Got Talent 2013 - Official Auditions Thread

Hassaan13's picture

As with last year, a thread for those planning to audition for the next series and wanting to keep up to date with info about the auditions.

So, anyone applied so far?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
lorna1983's picture

MEEEE!!!!

Lol just applied. still waiting 2 hear bk from x factor but have given up hope on there an as me gran wud say "never put all ur eggs in 1 basket" so here i am :) gud luck every1! xx

meggie-moo888's picture

how?

heya how do you apply is there a link if so please post it in reply. me n my friend really need to know pleaspe reply asap x thx

lorna1983's picture

Do you think you can be

Do you think you can be Britain's next superstar.. Do you have a talent that deserves to be seen and is worthy of a prize of a lifetime? If so then here is your chance, any age, any talent.. Britains Got Talent wants you..

Whatever it is you do then we want to hear from you! Britain's Got Talent will return to ITV in 2013 and there are absolutely no rules - any talent, any age - simple as that! So what are you waiting for, apply now for series 7

Please click below to register and to receive
further details about the day.

Click to apply Click to apply

AUDITIONS IN SCOTLAND

Please note that the online database for auditions
in Scotland is now closed.

Do not worry, YOU CAN STILL AUDITION FOR
THE SHOW IN GLASGOW.

All you need to do is arrive at one of
the following audition times:

Audition Sessions: 10:00 | 13:00 | 16:00

AUDITION VENUE
SECC CONFERENCE CENTRE
FINNIESTON QUAY, GLASGOW, G3 8YW

Tuesday 16th October and Wednesday 17th October

If you have any questions, please email bgt7@thames.tv

#
Ladywriter1968's picture

hi

just type in Britain got talent or X factor and you will find how to enter on there.

Ladywriter1968's picture

hi

just type in Britain got talent or X factor and you will find how to enter on there.

katythatsme's picture

I really want to get an audition!

hi,

im katy, im 13 and a singer! applied for BGT last Sunday, does anyone know how long it will be before i find out if i have an audition? This is the first time i have entered, but wont get my hopes up.

Good luck everyone!

L and R's picture

You are not likely to hear

You are not likely to hear untill around october time. I know this because my son Robbie has been on the show.

katythatsme's picture

okay

okay, thanks.

Ladywriter1968's picture

how did he go on the show

what was it like in front of all those people and celeb judges and his experiences?

Hassaan13's picture

Yep, you won't get contacted

Yep, you won't get contacted until about October. In the meantime, I'd advise you to get as much experience as possible.

Loveorlust96's picture

Im amy and im 15 im a singer

Im amy and im 15 im a singer and i applied for bgt ive notcied alot of audition videos on youtube but i only sent in an application form was i suppose to send a video aswell ? :) 

L and R's picture

You will get an email around

You will get an email around october/november time and you will be asked to go along to the producer round audition

Loveorlust96's picture

so i dont need to send a

So do i need to send a video or not ? :) 

L and R's picture

No you do not just fill out

No you do not just fill out the application form :)

The Roberts Clan's picture

My daughter has just

My daughter has just registered, Sophie's nearly 17 and this is the 6th time now and she's never made it through to the judges, She also auditioned for The Voice and X Factor and didn't get through. she'd be really grateful for any feedback. This video was takena couple of weeks ago at the National final of Britain Does Variety in Kettering.

L and R's picture

She's really good tell her

She's really good tell her just to keep trying, this could be her year :)

michelle's picture

BDV

Hi there, Don't know if you remember me, anyway just to say you sound great as usual. I did once again get to the regional finals of BDV. However I done something rather daft...forgot what I was singing. Oh well nevermind it's all experience. I've named the video...'What not to do when singing on stage'!! I have once again put my name down for 'Britains got talant' and for 'Brit Idol' and was thinking of 'Open Mic' but not sure yet. Once again good luck in all you do, you know I'm a big fan of yours!!! Regards Shell x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWjLVeNlhWc

Hi Shell, Yes we remember you

Hi Shell,

Yes we remember you and thanks for the comments, I think a lot of the problem this time for Sophie was that we only had a couple of us there with her and others that entered had nearly 40 people. The standard was a lot higher than last year as well which was good. Sophie's registered again to enter everything again but she'll also be sitting her a levels over the next year and applying for uni so that has to come first.

She has had some really exciting news though and will be performing in the Royal Albert Hall with the choir she's in as part of the BBC proms.

Good luck to you as well xx

Ladywriter1968's picture

Your daughter

She is good and it just go to show that not all the good ones even get the chance to be seen on tv, I was told before by some one that knew one of the producers of the show, it was on this site actually a long time back, they said they only let 30 through a day apparently, when you compare that to thousands showing up, I guess its like a lottery. Its not always how good you are, its whether luck is on your side and you are one that is picked, I entered before and didnt get through either to the show.

Riku's picture

Getting an audition.

I was just wondering , im a Michael Jackson dance impersonater. does anyone knnow if ive got chances of an audition?

Lyana's picture

Dreaaaammmm

Hey guys! I'm dreaming about Britain's got talent!!! BUT i'm from Russia and i don't know it's possible or not.. I'm 15. I couldn't find an application form.    

Here's 1 of my videos. Could you help me somehow pleaseee!!! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGEM7C3yAl4&feature=relmfu

If you even can't help me THANK YOU anyway. :)

GamesGones's picture

BGT Application Form

Hi Lyana,

Here's a application form-

https://gottalent.fremantlemedia.com/

Good luck.

Suz8673's picture

First auditions

Hi, my son has an audition in Birmingham next week. Two questions:

will this just be an audition in front of producers? If he gets through is the next audition on the same day or a different day?

his audition is at 4pm, but will he have to get there in the morning and wait? Can you just turn up at the appointment time??

thanks

GamesGones's picture

Producer Audition

Hi "Suz8673",

The original audition is in front of producers.  They phone you if you get through to the judges on a different day.  Usually you get the 1pm and 4pm auditions.  At 4pm you just register the forms and wait around in a que and then go to a waiting room where you usually just wait around for the researchers to take you to the audition.  It often takes ages (Last year I went there at 1pm I was there till 5pm).  Good luck.

barbri1942's picture

BGT

Hello when you do the first audition for BGT do you sing to a backing track or not thanks

GamesGones's picture

Backing Track

It's optional.

GamesGones's picture

BGT (Again)

Hi people, (You might remember me as "CO0LFR0G" last year)

Just auditioned for BGT again in Cardiff on Sunday, 1.00pm.  The audition went on for around 25 minutes.  I played two pieces.  The first one did not go too well because of technical problems with my guitar and amplifier.  The second on was a piece I composed called "No. 5".  This was the piece.

lorna1983's picture

r u the violinist? or the

r u the violinist? or the guitarist? :)

GamesGones's picture

In that video I was the

In that video I was the violinist but I auditioned on guitar.

GamesGones's picture

In the "No. 5" I was the

In the "No. 5" I was the violinist, but I auditioned on guitar.

GamesGones's picture

In the "No. 5" I was the

In the "No. 5" I was the violinist, but I auditioned on guitar.

Angel Belle's picture

copyright for backing tracks

Can anyone help - how do you get legal authority to play a music track or edited music track to sing or dance to as I believe there are copyright laws and you can't simply use a CD to play in public without permission. Does BGT sort this for you or do you need to get the relevant permissions before the producers audition?

lorna1983's picture

they sort it 4 u hun some

they sort it 4 u hun some songs cant b used but thats few an far between. nay panic luv :) gud luck, whens ur audition? i went on sat 2 cardiff :)

Angel Belle's picture

Thank you

Thank you! its on 23rd november :) how did you think yours went?

lorna1983's picture

ohh not long then :) bet ur

ohh not long then :) bet ur excited, i was :)

an idk how it went tbh, i was happy with my preformance but dunno what 2 make of the womans reaction. it was my 1st time at bgt so only had say so of how the day wud go etc an my mate been the last 2 yrs an said they dont give feedbk of any kind, how ever when i finished she clapped like a seal an made a funny sound like an excited fool lol, no im realistic an know im not an amazing singer so was a bit thrown tbh, personaly i think she might b the over excited type normaly anyway so maybe shes like that with every1 but idk?? not getting my hopes us as as a singer on bgt i know theres less hope of getting thru than other acts or on other shows but it was v pleasant an the lady was lovely, if a little crazy lol :)

barbri1942's picture

BGT auditions

Hello does anyone know when the Manchester auditions are thanks

confusedmummy.com's picture

bgt auditions

Hi my son is waiting for his email for audition as well, cant believe its in 2 weeks and no date as yet. When u get your audition date can you please let me know my son is waiting anxiously aswell.

confusedmummy.com's picture

bgt auditions

Hi my son is waiting for his email for audition as well, cant believe its in 2 weeks and no date as yet. When u get your audition date can you please let me know my son is waiting anxiously aswell.

tootsie 79's picture

Auditions

My 6 year old daughter is auditioning on sunday in London. She will be hula hooping while dancing im so excited for her!

chelz991's picture

Callbacks

Has anyone recieved a call back for the britians got talent auditions 2013 yet?

chelz991's picture

Callbacks

Has anyone recieved a call back for the britians got talent auditions 2013 yet?

lorna1983's picture

nope an getting a bit worried

nope an getting a bit worried as the auditions for cardiff (my area) start on the 16th jan even tho they told us we'd find out in feb or march!! im assuming that they r like the reality singing comps an that the calls arent always made untill a wk or 2 b4 the actuall audition. stressed tho. anyone got the dates of the other venues so every1 can figure out when they should b called by ish?? i'll try an find out now an not type them in wrong like i did with x factor lol, felt like a right boob when i made that mistake lol :)

Hopeful's picture

Here is a list of the live

Here is a list of the live audition dates, from the Applause Store website.

http://www.applausestore.com/applausestore-show-calendar.php

Wed 16th January 2013 - CARDIFF 13:00 + 18:00

Thu 17th January 2013 - CARDIFF 13:00 + 18:00

Sun 20th January 2013 - LONDON 13:00 + 18:00

Mon 21st January 2013 - LONDON 13:00 + 18:00

Tue 22nd January 2013 - LONDON 13:00 + 18:00

Wed 23rd January 2013 - LONDON 13:00 + 18:00

Mon 28th January 2013 - GLASGOW 13:00 + 18:00

Sat 2nd February 2013 - MANCHESTER 13:00 + 18:00

Sun 3rd February 2013 - MANCHESTER 13:00 + 18:00

Fri 8th February 2013 - BIRMINGHAM 13:00 + 18:00

Sat 9th February 2013 - BIRMINGHAM 13:00 + 18:00

Sun 10th February 2013 - BIRMINGHAM 13:00 + 18:00

ashleytulisawhitelaw's picture

Heyy everyone I auditioned in

Heyy everyone I auditioned in Glasgow in October still not heard anything has anyone got a call etc or that? Also I'm the Tulisa lookalike from xfactor hate the waiting game! Hope I get to the judges on bgt so. Can sing my own song n be myself ! Xxx

Heyy everyone I auditioned in

Heyy everyone I auditioned in Glasgow in October still not heard anything has anyone got a call etc or that? Also I'm the Tulisa lookalike from xfactor hate the waiting game! Hope I get to the judges on bgt so. Can sing my own song n be myself ! Xxx

Oops sorry also I hope this

Oops sorry also I hope this helps some off you as I think these shows do all the same thing, when I auditioned for xfactor my 3 auditions were in April and I got a yes from all 3 but then you need to wait for the dreaded phone call of being short listed or straight through or a no! Some producers can call a week or days after your audition some leave it literally even a day before it to say your through! I got short listed a week before my audition in front if the judges for xfactor and then a phone call saying yes on the Friday night (the auditions were on Monday so I was realieved!) lol I just dnt think it's fair they keep people waiting and waiting ! Also britains got talent as iv heard if youv not made it they don't bother contacting you they send you a email or letter in march saying sorry not made it bla b la hope this helps guys and let me know if you hear anything! I was always checking xfactor threads for info xx

barbri1942's picture

BGT

Hi has anyone got a callback for Manchester thanks

daisyday's picture

ohh wow.. reading all this im

ohh wow.. reading all this im getting all shaky.. uitenerve wrecking.. im gonna go for the x factor n see hw it goes.. ashley since you went for the xfactor, hope u dnt mind me asking u if u had to bring ur own backing track or they supplied it... and did u have to pay for it if they supplied it for yha>??

You have to supply ypu're own

You have to supply ypu're own backing track but you can't use it in every round. My daughter didn't have to attend the open audition but we were told by others that you couldn't use a backing track in the first round. For the second round you weren't allowed to use a backing track but you could for the third round. However when Sophie auditioned in the third round there was no cd player in the room as another sudition room had borrowed it. They did offer Sophie the chance to wait until the cd player was back but she decided to sing it acapella again.   

tootsie 79's picture

we got a call a few weeks ago

we got a call a few weeks ago from bgt asking if they could come an film my daughter at home preparing for her audition, they came the next day and we had to sign for child performance licences. still not heard if shes through though. has anyone else had them film at home b4?

Korg1's picture

Preliminary Stage

Can anyone tell me what the preliminary stage in BGT mean.  My daughter got a phone call to say she was short listed a few weeks ago, and just before Xmas another to say she is at the preliminary stage.

hi daisy day ovcourse no

hi daisy day ovcourse no probs at the live stages which the judges you take your own instrumental tracks they send u a email asking to email the xfactor with the tracks name and title so they can get permission for them to use them. korg1 the preliminary stage is very good so this is a good chance shes getting to the judges well done! it means they are still preceding things and finallising it. let us know! good luck xxx

Korg1's picture

Preliminary Stage

Hi Ashley, thank you for replying, keeping fingers crossed.

summerburns's picture

xfactor uk auditions instruments

i was wondering if instruments can still be used in the xfactor uk 2013 . can someone please help me out

Georgieh's picture

Anyone had call bk from Cardiff

Hi have any of u had a call bk from Cardiff please many thinks 

milkwell's picture

Any auditionees (who are not

Any auditionees (who are not "the young, the old and dangerous acts" and not scouted by the BGT researchers) here? Have you heard from them?

Ashajo's picture

We auditioned in Glasgow

We auditioned in Glasgow .....still waiting for a call eek ! Anyone from Glasgow heard anything yet ? 

Ashajo's picture

How much notice is normal if we are called back ?

We auditioned in Glasgow and have a four hour drive to get there. We are a large group and need to organise a coach to take us if we are called back. Does anyone know how much notice we are likely to get ? Thanks x 

milkwell's picture

If you are thru to next

If you are thru to next round, it could be weeks or a few days before filming starts.

Source: http://unrealityshout.com/forum/britains-got-talent-tv-audition-datesinformation

Ashajo's picture

Thank you

Thanks milkwell. Here's hoping we hear something soon. Xx 

milkwell's picture

Since there are about 15-20

Since there are about 15-20 acts per sessions, making calls shouldn't take them so long. So I guess they haven't finalised the list of acts that are put through to the judges round yet. The old, the young, people with special needs, acts from abroad, dangerous acts, acts that require a lot of set ups and preparation are informed first due to obvious reasons. As of 29 Dec 2012 (see their twitter @BGTcallbacks7), they were concentrating on the first two cities (Cardiff and London). The rest of us... well, it seems we will find out soon.

themozer's picture

Anyone Attending the Final Open Audition at the Oval on Jan 19?

This turned out to be my only option having missed the Producer's Auditions when submitting the online form. Can anyone tell me what to expect at the Final Open Audition in London? Am I likely to be waiting outside all day in the freezing cold?!!! I notice that the first live Judge's Auditions in London start just 24 hours after the Open at the Oval. Isn't this cutting things a bit fine? ... and is it likely to add to the odds against getting through? I'm a total BGT newbie so please excuse the daft questions!

themozer's picture

Anyone Attending the Final Open Audition at the Oval on Jan 19?

This turned out to be my only option having missed the Producer's Auditions when submitting the online form. Can anyone tell me what to expect at the Final Open Audition in London? Am I likely to be waiting outside all day in the freezing cold?!!! I notice that the first live Judge's Auditions in London start just 24 hours after the Open at the Oval. Isn't this cutting things a bit fine? ... and is it likely to add to the odds against getting through? I'm a total BGT newbie so please excuse the daft questions!

tootsie 79's picture

bgt callback

we recieved a call asking if they could come and film my daughter at home, they came the next day and filmed my daughter preparing her outfit for audition and signing for performance licence. still not sure if shes through though. has anyone else had this? 

Hopeful's picture

Any reports from Cardiff? Not

Any reports from Cardiff?

Not giving up hope yet (Hopeful!). Glasgow still 10 days away.

Hopeful's picture

According to

According to https://twitter.com/GotTalent there's a Talent Spot at Morrison's in Bathgate on Friday 25th. Don't know if I should go along to this or not, even though I've already auditioned this year. I would sing something different, of course, but what are the chances of getting on to the main show through it? Is it just a promo event?

Yorick's picture

Eat your heart out at this old video, young dancers!

Just seen a video online from an old 1940s film. Three sisters who sing , and dance "contortion-style". Unbelievable spine curvature. Yet if they auditioned for "Got to Dance" now, they wouldn't get 3 gold stars because it's all "tricks" and no dancing.

http://sorisomail.com/email/34321/a-flexibilidade-das-irmas-ross.html