Britain's Got Talent 2013: Official Auditions Thread - Information and news!

Admin's picture

It's that time of year again: applications are officially open for Britain's Got Talent 2013 series, and this is the official Unreality Shout thread for people considering auditioning for the show.

We do this every year, and it's one of our most popular boards on the forum. Use this space to talk about your hopes and experiences in auditioning. Have you auditioned for BGT before? What is your act? Auditionees can also ask questions about the audition venues and running order, how it all works.

This has always been a supportive space for reality TV auditionees - we wish everybody well for their auditions. Hopefully we'll see some of you when Britain's Got Talent comes back to TV!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
KimeliMusic's picture

X Factor Auditions

Check out my 5 part X Factor journey on my blog Treble & Basics, I hope it helps you through your audition. Feel free to ask me any questions :D

http://trebleandbasics.wordpress.com/2012/08/02/the-dawn-of-tel/

Sammy_666's picture

Hoping to do this

I'm hoping to do BGT this year but my mum needs details on the dates of auditions and venues and stuff can anyone help? Thanks xx

The Roberts Clan's picture

You have to register on the

You have to register on the website and then wait you'll be sent a letter in the post telling you when your audition slot is and this can't be changed unless they you're under 16 and they give you a time that is in school hours. I'm not sure if you realise but the first auditions aren't in front of the celebrity judges you'll audition in a room to a producer and a cameraman then have to wait for a call to find out if you're through or not. We've been with my daughter for the last 5 years and lots of people that we've met expect that they are seeing the real judges and surprised that they aren't. If there's anything else that you want to know about the process then just ask there are lots of people on here who have auditioned lots of times since it started and everyone is only to happy to share information to help.

Mandy

Ladywriter1968's picture

Hi Mandy

Yes same with me when I auditioned previous. I didnt know until speaking with someone online that I realised the real panel was not even there. Yet they do state on TV since this is your first audition, when it isnt,

Do you know how many auditions it takes before going in front on the panel Simon etc?

Plus do you think its not really fair that they do it this way? 

Thanx in advance for answers.

Sorry haven't been on for a

Sorry haven't been on for a while so hadn't seen your response! There is only ine round of auditions before you get to the judges in BGT (in x factor there are 3). Every year they say the same thing you'll hear by the end of feb but ghe live auditions are always in Jan so generally if you haven't heard anything by the first week of Jan then  you probably haven't got through.

Sophie had decided in the end not to audition but to concentrate on the audition she had for music colleges instead but as it happened we were in Manchester for her audition for the RNCM on the same day as the open auditions. So she decided seeing as dhe was there it was worth eandering along to audition! The producer she auditioned in front of said that he was surprised she had such a big voice and had she considered auditioning for x factor. Not holding out much hope for this year either to be honest.

Looks like we'll be going to

Looks like we'll be going to the auditions again this year. Sophie's decided this will be her last year auditioning then she'll be concetrating on Uni. But she's going all out this year and even though we haven't had the audition details yet she's got her outfit sorted out and the song she will be auditioning with. Although we both probably doubt this year will be any different to the last 5 times she's auditioned.

lorna1983's picture

hi

im just waiting on my email telling me where 2 go and when lol, mandy, hope this is sophies yr hun :) xx

ionasportscar1999's picture

I'm 13, It's My first time. I'm Nervous!

Hi, I sent the application from through online In june and Im getting really nervous about it, as this is my first time signing up for anything like this! So my question is when is it that we are likely to hear back and would it be via email, post, telephone etc....??????

KelvinBurke's picture

have been sent my letter about the audition details

hey guys,

i was just wondering if you have been sent your letter with the audition details yet?

i have applyed for london but havent been contacted back and the audtions are next month?

Ladywriter1968's picture

Auditions

Firstly to answer questions above they email you with your audition dates. So check your spam as it may be in there. Next when I auditions previous, the first audition was only 3 producers and camera man there in a small room, Simon and the rest of the panel was not there. So when you see them on TV its not their first audition

DevilWearsNada's picture

Open auditions!!!

Hi everyone!

My friend and I filled in our online application form on the 6th of October and haven't recieved an email or letter telling us the details of where to go, how long do you thik we will have to wait for one? (we're in Manchester not Glasgow and nowhere did it say we couldn't sign up now)

look out for us -Imogen Nicole and Shauna Louise as Need To Know! :D

mrsdoodle2's picture

So, anyone had their audition yet, what did you think & call bac

Hello, my daughter auditioned on Monday in Birmingham with her magic show.

We had a really good day, and I *think* it went really well.

Has anyone else had an audition yet?

Looking at last year, it sounds like call backs (if they are going to happen) actually happen very quickly, and not several months later as the letter suggests. 

Anyone had experience?

TIA!

mrsdoodle2's picture

Well, I've read last year's

Well, I've read last year's thread now, and feel a bit disillusioned.

Can't go into what happened at the venue, but lets just say it seemed very postive on several levels - but last year's thread seems to indicate that unless specifically scouted, you are unlikely to go through.

Oh well!  c'est la vie!

Good luck everyone

mrsdoodle2's picture

quiet in here...

lol, anyone else about?

Anyone else had an audition for this year? or got dates through?

lorna1983's picture

hi mrs doodle2

ive got mine on the 10th, did u get a phone call asking if u were defo coming? i did an a day later my friend did also, this is my first time doing bgt an my mates 3rd time, the last 2 times my friend never had a phone call but we both got them this time, not sure if its a new thing due 2 less numbers attending this yr or what but hoping its a gud sign :) fingers crossed 4 ur daughter though an i wudnt put too much store in the scouted thing hun, bet theres quite a few who have got far in this comp who were not scouted :) have u got a youtube vid of her doing her act?

DevilWearsNada's picture

please help :(

Like I said me and my friend signed up in October, the open auditions in manchester are in 2 weeks and we havent have a confirmation email/letter with the exact details yet!!!!!! I am absolutly freaking now thinking we cant do our act for them or anything but my friend thinks we can cause its an open audition. Can someone PLEASE help us??????? we don't know when it starts and all we know is it's in Manchester central - is this the centre of manchester or a building~????- on the 2nd 3rd and 4th of December!! please Help!! :( :'(

we havent had a letter/phone call/email or anything please can you shed some light on our problem???????????????????????????????????

mrsdoodle2's picture

Hi Lorna!

Thanks for you reply :)

Yes, we were rung up too, I don't know if it is the 'new' thing? (not that we've been before lol)

What is you act?  Good luck on the 10th :)

She does have some bits on youtube, I'll try and find  a link later and post one up

lorna1983's picture

just had a better look on

just had a better look on last yrs thread an looks like some were called last yr too :) not all tho from what i read ;) lol gud times :) i sing hun, not amazingly lool but i give it a go :) http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0LdCo5dDxT1qeCRvnOlfXQ/videos?flow=grid... thats my home vid stuff lol not amazing like i said but i have fun :D

be great 2 see ur daughters stuff, not enought female magicians around so maybe they will put her thru on that!

gud luck with getting a call bk :)

mrsdoodle2's picture

good luck Lorna

I thought your take on 'I will survive' was really engaging.

Good luck on the 10th

lorna1983's picture

only just seen this!! thanx

only just seen this!! thanx hun :) did u find the links 4 the magic act ur daghter does yet? i love magic :)

mrsdoodle2's picture

yes we did!

this is a bit of an oldie (more recent shows she's used child volunteers and I don't like to repost stuff with other people's kids in), and the quality isn't good as I missed the start as she was setting up, then dropped the phone at the end, lol, but it will give you an idea - she's only little so it's obviously not big prop stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-ftC8Esta0

lorna1983's picture

thanx mrsdoodle2 :)

what a fab day, loved the atmosphere compared 2 other shows :) i didnt do that piece in the end, went a totaly diff direction with as long as he needs me instead :)ive a youtube vid with it now loaded lol.  http://youtu.be/URV1oL55z4w

Anyone had in the room judging, a woman who shreiks like an excited child and clapps like a seal when u finish ur audition? she was lovely but im kinda thinking shes like that with everyone lol over excited like u know, to make u feel better :)

DevilWearsNada's picture

!!??!!

Hi everyone!
Like I said me and my friend signed up in October, the open auditions in manchester are in 2 weeks and we havent have a confirmation email/letter with the exact details yet!!!!!! I am absolutly freaking now thinking we cant do our act for them or anything but my friend thinks we can cause its an open audition. Can someone PLEASE help us??????? we don't know when it starts and all we know is it's in Manchester central - is this the centre of manchester or a building~????- on the 2nd 3rd and 4th of December!! please Help!! :( :'(

lorna1983's picture

i had my email the wk b4 my

i had my email the wk b4 my audition so u might get 1 swn, if not then ye its open an u can get copies of the waver things, all the forms like, when ur there, theres a separate registration desk/table just 4 ppl who decided 2 come along without the email :) chin up hun :)

DevilWearsNada's picture

hi yes i have now got our

hi yes i have now got our email BUT the audition date is on the tuesday, we cant get time off school so is there any way to change this to the sunday slot????

DevilWearsNada's picture

hi yes i have now got our

hi yes i have now got our email BUT the audition date is on the tuesday, we cant get time off school so is there any way to change this to the sunday slot????

mrsdoodle2's picture

I think they are open auditions this time round...

In which case just turn up Sunday and register there?

mrsdoodle2's picture

details

kc6744's picture

Audition Excel 22.11.12

Have just returned from Excel for my daughter's audition today.  It was a great experience, and whatever the outcome, she has thoroughly enjoyed it!  Would recommend to anybody that has an audition to go along and enjoy the experience themselves, and you get to meet great people! 

lorna1983's picture

hi

ye it was my 1st yr going to bgt an i must say i was pleasantly surprised with how nice the whole experience is :) thouroughly enjoyed :)

Yorick's picture

London auditions

Has anyone been offered a slot yet in the January auditions in London in front of the TV judges?

All the BGT staff were very kind at the first audition. Mine went off smoothly but as the producer is obliged to say something complimentary afterwards, one doesn't know what they really think. My act was comedy but another comic who'd auditioned twice before had a filmed interview. That would be pointless unless they were putting him through.

Ah well, if they turn me down, I'll get my performance put on a You-tube video. Maybe preceded by Jim Bowen saying "Let's see what you could have won..."

mrsdoodle2's picture

are there definitely January audtitions?

lol, can't remember what they said, only that ''everyone'' would hear in Feb.

So, as you can tell, we haven't heard anything yet,either ;P

has anyone else?

Yorick's picture

Sit up, class. Arms folded.

Sit up, class. Arms folded. Pay attention. What Auntie Victoria said was "If you don't hear from us by the end of Feb, you weren't successful."  They have just announced the London "TV judges" auditions for (I think..my memory's dreadful)) about 19th or 20th of Jan. Those appearing would need to know in advance. Hence my questiion "Has anybody heard yet?"

Incidentally, the act to audition after me were a group of curvacious young lady dancers who were wearing the smallest of costumes the Law would allow. I told them Simon Cowell would take one look and say "You're through to the next round. Now, what is it you do?" They told me that was the idea. Rather like the topless female ventriloquist who asked Simon Cowell "Well? Did you see my lips move?"

mrsdoodle2's picture

pay attenton yourself!

If you did would have seen  that I immdiately added information concerning the next round, including the dates you were after

Poor concentration lol D minus for you! :P

mrsdoodle2's picture

ooh more info here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britain's_Got_Talent_(series_7)

Yorick's picture

I demand an upgrade!

Please alter my score to C+, Mrs Doodle2. I'd already seen the dates (but not the venue) on another comedy site.  You probably don't know this as nobody on the TV has mentioned it but next week it's Christmas! So the elves who work for BGT won't be sober again till Jan 2. So that only leaves 3 weeks to notify London auditionees.

Maybe we'll get a temp job offer from BGT. "You failed your audition but would you like to help us out phoning the ones who were successful? £6 an hour and all the stale mince pies you can eat."

I'm new on this blog so please tell me...who was MrsDoodle1?

Ladywriter1968's picture

In Reply to Others

I have not heard so far either and had my audition a month ago, but I just saw on You tube that they are holding open auditions at the Oval in London: and did a search and came up with info below. I am surprised as I would have thought they had enough entrants and if the TV ones are next year it does not give people much time or chance to hear of those who entered earlier. I did wonder about entering again even though already have. 

Britain's Got Talent to hold Open Auditions Day at The Oval

One off Open Auditions Day on Saturday 19 January 2013

Yorick's picture

"Always look on the Bright Side of Life..."

Maybe this is a good sign. If there were so many talentless people auditioning that you need to hold more auditions, anyone with a little talent must stand a better chance of getting through to the "live" audition with an audience. Some poor quality acts are put through so they can be ridiculed in front of the cameras. So either way, it sounds promising to me. (Ladywriter, when I say "a little talent", I'm being modest for us because I'm certain we were both brilliant!) If we don't get through it can only be that we were so fantastic, nobody else would get a vote! :-() By the way, what is your act? It's harder for a woman because you have to wear as little clothing as possible! I hate LOL so I'll say SFBCI. (Straight face but chuckling inside).

lorna1983's picture

im confused and offended.

why the attitude, sarcasm and not very well hid underhanded put downs??? this type of aproach is not plesant. and not really appreciated i feel. could you please refrain from being such a nasty underhanded peice of work.thankfullylorna.

Yorick's picture

What???

Lorna 1983, how have I been sarcastic to you or put you down? I was saying that if they are holding an Open Audition, maybe they haven't found enough Superstars.  The first London audition with an audience is in3 weeks time. Do you think they will reject all the people who auditioned who weren't future stars? Remember past televised shows when Simon has said "There was nobody outstanding here today." But they still reached the TV audition. 

You have to believe in yourself, Lorna. Did your audition go well? I bet it did. So you'll be getting a call soon. Even some of those people who can't sing or dance very well may still get a call but for the wrong reasons. I was making a joke with Ladywriter that if we didn't get through it was because we were too good. That would be our excuse. When I was a contestant on Countdown, I told my opponent before the game not to be nervous of the audience because they all wanted him to do well. And he beat me in our match. (I'd won the previous game so I still got my teapot.) I'd never put anyone down. But BGT include some people who are atrocious so that they can insult them which sadly is popular in TV shows these days. And they like to include scantily dressed women and young men who take their shirts off as this is also a crowd pleaser.

Tell us what sort of act you do so that we can all look out for you in the Finals. I'll have to watch you on TV as I don't suppose I'll get very far in the competition. Go Lorna, go Lorna, go Lorna...  

lorna1983's picture

no not to me personaly. i never said i thought it was directed at me. thans not my point. its been aparent in most of ur posts this attitude not just the last post. maybe its got somthing to do with not being able to properly feel your emphasis in sentances as its a post rather than spoken word an can lose somthing in translation so to say or maybe your sense of humour is simply lost on me, but yes i feel that all your comments so far have been purely to poke holes at ppl or the comp. its unplesant. and i sing, so less chance than most acts as theres sooo many of us. and the audition went well but then thats hard to judge as they can be sickingly plesant about everything lol so u never know really. and yes most of us r painfully aware of how many ppl they put thru 4 entertainment value.

Yorick's picture

My experience

Lorna, if you want to go into show business, you can't be sensitive. When Susan Boyle won BGT and went on to wow audiences all over the world, she was still criticised by newspaper critics and comedians (like Frankie Boyle). Back in the Sixties, I had a course of singing lessons and joined a group. People complimented me on my voice and said I sounded like Jack Jones. But I looked like a nerd. I auditioned for Opportunity Knocks (the BGT of its day). I finished one line of my song before they said "Thankyou. Next!" I was disappointed but there was a gasp from the other 100 or so auditionees behind me. They were looking at each other astonished as if to say "What did he do wrong!" Years later I heard they'd also turned down Engebert Humperdinck when he was still Gerry Dorsey.

But that's showbiz. I wasn't what they wanted at the time. Now I'm a realist. Everyone at the auditions thinks they are an undiscovered wonder. Some are. Some are self-deluding. The main aim of BGT is to sell a product. Us! If the TV audience like us, we'll be voted back week after week giving us more exposure. We'll be under contract when the show finishes. So if we can pull in theatre audiences, BGT will make money and hopefully so will we.

Mad Magazine used to have the slogan "Number 1 in a field of 1". If you can be unique, people who want what you offer will flock to your door. At the audition, I heard 4 10 y o girls practising one at a time. They all sang pleasantly. But nobody stood out. If you were a judge, what would you do?

There are very few benevolent people in show business who will help another's career for no reward. But my advice to you, Lorna, is to take enough singing lessons to make YOU say "My voice is pretty damned amazing. I deserve to win BGT." 'Cos you're not saying that at the moment. Maybe it is but you're too modest to admit it.

lorna1983's picture

and another thing

what on earth makes u think u can comment on weather or not i see my voice as"pretty damned amazing" to quote you. i have not said either way what i think of my voice, only given my opinion on the process and how they are so nice to everyone and im v realistic about the whole process not "modest" cor what a douche.

lorna1983's picture

oh ok

oh ok, so now im sensitive as ive expressed my oppinion on your attitude. sorry, that kind of thing doesnt was with me.

Yorick's picture

Lorna, look at your post for

Lorna, look at your post for 5 Nov 2012. "I sing hun, not amazingly lool but I give it a go." Who were you talking about? I thought you meant yourself.

You obviously have a lot of hang-ups so I won't post anything more on this page. I tried to give you encouragement and some advice as I've entertained people for 45 years. But you know everything already so I won't waste my time.

And don't make any more personal insults. Or I'll start on you!

lorna1983's picture

oh get over yourself

yes that was bk in nov, whats ur point? ur posts that i found underhanded and nasty were recent. and why do you assume that i have a lot of hang ups?? and why assume that i think i know everything?? and fine, ill stick to bk handed comments like your self to be on the safe side shall i?? ohh look if i tally up the yrs i have entertained ppl for i can equate it to knowledge or wisdom... oh should i remember quantity does not equate to quallity first?? nooo, ill just go with my first thought instead :) ahhh see what i did there?? now if you would humor me for a monent an re read some of your recent posts u might see that this is how uve come across. do not try and make me feel bad for being bold enough to call you out on it. it doesnt wash with me, just makes me more curiouse as to why ur doing it? maybe its you who might have the hang ups??

lorna1983's picture

i know

if we all tally up the yrs we have been 'entertaining' ppl for we will have a good idea of who ranks where :) sorry, just taking a leaf out of yoricks book :)

Yorick's picture

I'll put this simply. You

I'll put this simply. You said your voice wasn't amazing. I said work on it till it is amazing. Maybe it's wonderful already. But this is a criticism? Even Shirley Bassey took singing lessons a few years ago to improve her breathing techniques.

People who read this site are expecting an audition call. That's why they want to know if others have heard. I presume people who sing out of tune or say "Garlic bread" 6 times because people laugh when Peter Kay says it, probably won't read this page. 

That's why I said that if the standards are not so high this year, we all stand a better chance of appearing.

If you're not clever enough to understand this, maybe somebody else can explain it to you. I wasn't trying to put other contestants down. I'll probably be rejected because of my age. But I believe in myself that I'm good enough to win. I would never say "I'm not amazing but I give it a go." That would never impress Simon Cowell. You wouldn't sell a can of beans if you said "They're not amazing but might be worth a try". Tell yourself you're damned good and maybe you can convince others.

If you don't like what I say, stop reading my contributions.

lorna1983's picture

i wasnt offended by a personal atack by u b4, but i am now sunshine, wtf do u think u are????? i have no problem with critisism, my point was never about u critersizing me douche. see yet again trying underhanded insults. they do not wash with me. and you do the same, may i add, whats your age got to do with it???? its bgt not fricking x factor deary! if you think your age is a factor then why did u apply??? simple, u thought a little chance is better than none. same as me same as the rest of us. stop trying to make out that your that different from the rest of us, or that im different from u for that matter. i say again. get over your self.

lorna1983's picture

at

at least my insults are out in the open and not underhanded.

lorna1983's picture

oh an 1 more thing

who says you have to be amazing to win?? depends on what you define as amazing really, you dont have to be technically amazing as long as your voice has charecter. pleanty of well known famous artists were never nor ever will be technicaly amazing but the charecter in their voice is what led them to make it big. look at tracy chapman for instance.

I understand what you're

I understand what you're saying Yorick and thanks to BGT it's a lesson my daughter has learnt early on. She is now 17 and has auditioned for BGT, XFactor and The Voice without making it through to the live judges rounds. By going she's met some interesting people and found out lots from others about their experiences. She knows that the opinion of the person in the audition doesn't matter or that jut because she didn't get through she can't sing. It's all about being the right person in the right place at the right time. Had she not understood that very early on when she started auditioning then we probably wouldn't have continued to take her to audition. 

I was surprised when we went to the auditions this time I was surprised at how quickly they got through everyone an it certainly seemed quieter this time to usual.

lorna1983's picture

i also understood what yorck

i also understood what yorck is saying, just not the attitude. and it was far quieter than i expected it to be compared to the 1st 3stages at x factor an two stages at the voice that ive attended. i honestly thought with it being open to such a veriety of acts that there would be by far more people there. but alas no.

Yorick's picture

Thanks, "Roberts Clan"

I'm glad YOU understand, "R C". Talent shows don't want raw talent they can hone. They want the finished package they can sell. And in the old days, a lot depended on the agents the performers were already signed with. So the agent/manager contacted the show's producer and said "My band is releasing a record on 15 April. If they could appear on your show on the 7th it would launch them nationally and you'd get 15% of all future income." They'd appear with 5 other mediocre acts and surprise surprise... they'd win. And the show's host would say "A record company so liked their song last week, they recorded it and it's out next week".

Even Dragon's Den won't invest in just a good idea. It has to be in production amd making a good profit.

So I wish your daughter every success in the future. I'd suggest (if you havent already done this) helping her to put together an hour or two's performance with her own backing and PA. My local pub used to pay £150 for a solo singer/musician with MP3 backing to perform for 2 hours or so. It's really a glorified Karaoke but with one singer who preferably plays guitar too. But that was a year or two ago so maybe the recession's changed things.

But she needs as much performance experience as she can get. Even performing free at a charity fund-raising night is good. And of course wearing fashionable stage-wear. Then a 3 minute audition would be a doddle after that.

If you're doing all this already, great. Just don't insult me if you reply.  And good luck to your daughter and yourself.

She is she's a regular at

She is she's a regular at open mic nights locally too which has triggered work or her locally the only problem sometimes has been her age but she'll be 18 in a few months so that should be easier.

She also performs with a choir who were runners up in Last Choir Standing on the BBC a few years ago which has been great they sang in the Royal Albert Hall this summer so she's pretty happy.

The one thing she's learnt pretty quickly is that you never know what opportunity may come you way. She had a video on You tube with just over 100 views but happened to be seen by a guy working at Cadburys who invited her to audition for aan advert. She went more for experience than anything but nded up bein paid to record a song and film for the advert and was asked back to records idents which were shown in the Glee adverts on Sky 1. Even with that experience though lots of people couldn't sing but had a look that they were going for it's never about being the most talented person. 

At least I know that she's going into this industry with her eyes open and knowing that she will have to work really hard to get anywhere and that nothing is going to land at her feet. Maybe thats the difference Sophie has always wanted to go jnto performance so at the minute her A levels inude Music & Drama and she's going to be applying for places in Music College while getting as much performance experience as possible. As long as she can make a living by singing then she'll be quite happy.

http://youtu.be/8bb4EGyVb_U

Hopeful's picture

Keep an eye on Twitter for

Keep an eye on Twitter for updates.

https://twitter.com/bgtcallback2013

https://twitter.com/BGTcallbacks7

https://twitter.com/Gottalent7

https://twitter.com/GotTalent

Apparently, callbacks started on Dec 13th. Young, old and dangerous acts first. Some usual calls made in city order. BGT team start back today (Jan 2nd) calling ALL cities.

mrsdoodle2's picture

thanks for the call back information

looks useful :)

Yorick's picture

I wish her every success

Hi "R C". Just watched the video. Is there an address I can email with a couple of suggestions? There are a couple of "tricks of the trade" that she may find useful to enhance her performance. (I like the way she doesn't mask her face with the mike.)

When I was 15, my neighbour John Cullum aged 17 then and his friend had learnt to play guitar. They wanted to perform their instrumentals at the youth club one evening. But they needed a singer for the other songs. So my friend and I sang. 40 years later I discover he had a son called Jamie whose become quite well known. I sang in Jamie Cullum's dad's first group. It's a small world ... but I wouldn't want to have to paint it. :-)

Thanks Yorick, I know what

Thanks Yorick,

I know what you mean it is a very small world! I've pm'd you my email address always grateful for advice. 

Yorick's picture

Just this minute sent you an

Just this minute sent you an email. Hope it's useful.

family06's picture

Hiya New to forum

Hiya all, my daughter is going to audition in london open auditions she did get given a email and time for audition but we couldnt make that because she was in a theatre play she is only 7 so im worried she might be a little to young but she has asked us to take her, she knows what she wants lol. We take her karaoke alot and people are amazed at her voice and have said get her on britians got talent, we know how hard it is to get through as you dont even get to do a complete song, I have told her to try her best and i will be proud of her anyway as i am now. Anyway please tell me what its like will we be outside ages until its time for her to audition?? will we need lots of clothing on to keep us warm??

Abstar1991's picture

Family 06 have you heard

Family 06 have you heard anything since the audition on Saturday? Also did they ask you to fill in a form afterwards?? I think I met your daughter and get little sister and get Nan :) I was the girl in the wheel chair hehe 

Past my sell by's picture

YORICK AND LORNA 1983 - THANKS!

Well, just applied for Big Brother with a Youtube video and thought I would have a look on the Forum to see if anyone else is as barmy..no-one as yet, but then I saw the banter between Yorick and Lorna and it made my day! Who needs to go into the BB house when you can witness online aggro like this:-) Loved your responses Yorick (aaah, the wisdom of age) but have to comment on some rather odd spelling on Lorna 1983's posts...maybe frustration and anger were causing some mis-hits of the keyboard?  I can just picture Lorna 1983 getting red in the face whilst typing the rant and Yorick peacefully sat smoking a pipe whilst replying..just the image I get!!   I'm also quite surprised that one or two posts weren't removed due to the insults contained therein (what is a douche by the way?  douchebag? and what's that when it's at home?).  Oh well, back to making the tea.

lorna1983's picture

oh bite me. i see arrogance runs in the elderly

Oh bite me!

Ha! Wait 'til I put my Youtube video up then you can get your own back!   Everything said is said in fun...but yes, I do have a sarcastic sense of humour..good luck to everyone on here...hope your dreams come true.

Yorick's picture

Good luck "Past my sell-by"

Looking forward to seeing your video. Big Brother's not my cup of tea but it's very popular. Did you know that the format first appeared in a one-off play nearly half a century ago? The play was called "The Sex Olympics". It told of the TV audience becoming tired of sex shows but when a group of people become marooned in a log cabin by snow (with a TV camera) everyone wants to watch.

I had chemo two years ago and just starting to get my strength back. At the moment I have flu but when that goes, I intend to put a couple of songs on Youtube and challenge any young singers who think I'm an old fogie to do the same and ask  bloggers on this page to compare/comment/criticise. I still have a powerful voice but never really had the good looks to sell it. A clairvoyant once told me I'd never be famous so I'd have been surprised if BGT had called me back. But just wanted to perform one last time. Maybe Youtube is the only way left now for me to be seen by the public.

Good luck to one and all. Hope you all get the phone call you desire.

Anyway, I'll be watching BGT closely this year in case any young singers call Simon Cowell a douche.

Unreality Shout...Big Brother Audition 2013 ...You asked for it!

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the chemo but glad you are through it...just lost my Auntie because of cancer...such a nasy invasive disease..she never even got the time to have the chemo it was so severe...anyway on a lighter note, looking forward to you putting your songs on Youtube...but be aware I am hyper honest and critical..I used to sing with the New Modernaires in York (a big band sound) so have some experience of the 'oldies' melodies (weren't they the best!).  Here's a link to my Big Brother audition...bear in mind it was Christmas and the bubbly was aflowing!  Anyone would think I was attention-seeking.  I'm addicted to the flipping programme and would love to have the experience of actually being in the house...mad or what!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khOrV89LgvI

Yorick's picture

B B audition tape

Hi "Past My Sell By"

Seen your audition tape. I think you're as funny as Miranda Hart (don't be offended) but you didn't get your boobs out or perform a sexual act with a pig. So I don't know what your chances are. Best of luck anyway.:-)

Big Brother Audition Tape

Hi Yorick

There's still time! Where's the pig!!

I'll take the Miranda Hart comment as a compliment...not really watched her sitcom but liked her on Room 101 the other night.  Like me she's not really eye-candy so we're both probably not suitable for the programme as they just seem to choose dolly birds or people who like stripping off for the camera with not a lot of personality between them.

I'll keep an eye out for a link on here to your singing videos and good luck.

Loveorlust96's picture

Anyone got a callback who

Anyone got a callback who auditioned in belfast ?

mrsdoodle2's picture

Well, in reality I'm guessing we're out...

but it was a great experience & we've had several opprotunities since...

(we auditioned in Brum, but classed as a young act, so reckon we should have heard by now)

Regional News  did an article on the Magic Society Katherine  belongs to with quite a bit about her and great pictures , on her on New Years' day. 

We've got an Audition with 'Britain does Variety'  in March, and she's been asked to peform in an event in the nearest museum (in the city)  on Friday, with a possiblity of work in half term and Easter holidays & has been asked to apprentice with a semi-professional magician locally

So, onwards and upwards :)

Good luck everyone else!

BGTfan350's picture

Britain does Variety

Hi there i'm interested in what you said about Britain Does Variety.  Are any types of acts allowed to audition for that?  What are the age limits and how do you apply to go in it?

Cheers

mrsdoodle2's picture

Britian does variety

http://britain-does-variety.co.uk/

Link there, should have all the info on

BGTfan350's picture

Thank you

Thanks for that, have filled in an application form, will see what happens.  Have you entered this competition before and if so, what might we expect?  Any advice?

mrsdoodle2's picture

No idea..

Katherine's only 12 (although she has been perfoming for 4 yrs with local stuff), it's our first real branch out into national stuff, so it's first time round in BGT and BDV for us too.

Which BDV audition have you applied for.  Southend is nearest for us, I think

BGTfan350's picture

We have applied for Kettering

We have applied for Kettering which is the nearest to us, obviously this is the first time we have applied for BDV but the 3rd time for BGT.  My children are 10, 9 and 7 (well the ones that are auditioning are, I also have a 12 year old son).  The first year the children auditioned they got as far as The Reveal and were hoping this time to go that last step further to the semi-finals, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen, but never mind they had fun doing it.

It was quite poingnant for us that they didn't make it to the semi-finals that year and that their audition wasn't even televised because my father was terminally ill with prostate cancer and I knew he wouldn't be around the next year to see them. He died that summer.  We never told the BGT team because we didn't want to use a sob story to get them on the telly we wanted it to happen on their own merit.  Perhaps with hind sight that was niaive of us.  

BGTfan350's picture

We have applied for Kettering

We have applied for Kettering which is the nearest to us, obviously this is the first time we have applied for BDV but the 3rd time for BGT.  My children are 10, 9 and 7 (well the ones that are auditioning are, I also have a 12 year old son).  The first year the children auditioned they got as far as The Reveal and were hoping this time to go that last step further to the semi-finals, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen, but never mind they had fun doing it.

It was quite poingnant for us that they didn't make it to the semi-finals that year and that their audition wasn't even televised because my father was terminally ill with prostate cancer and I knew he wouldn't be around the next year to see them. He died that summer.  We never told the BGT team because we didn't want to use a sob story to get them on the telly we wanted it to happen on their own merit.  Perhaps with hind sight that was niaive of us.  

mrsdoodle2's picture

First time for us too

Katherine's only 12, so it's the first time for us for anyting on this scale (although she has been doing local shows for 4 yrs), so we are newbies to both BGT and BDV.

Where have you applied to?  Southend is the closest to us I think

mrsdoodle2's picture

First time for us too

Katherine's only 12, so it's the first time for us for anyting on this scale (although she has been doing local shows for 4 yrs), so we are newbies to both BGT and BDV.

Where have you applied to?  Southend is the closest to us I think

mrsdoodle2's picture

Also no idea..

why that posted 3 times! lol

Yorick's picture

Britain Does Variety

Just been googling BDV. First time I'd heard of it. I'm wondering what they get out of it. Obviously they want to make money. So they charge an audition fee to successful applicants to go against production costs. They claim that previous winners have since worked on cruise ships etc.(although the acts may have got these appearances themselves). I believe the prize may be an appearance in a show at the O2. What worries me is that we know BGT (and Opportunity Knocks in its day) take a per centage of all future earnings. Does BDV do the same?Even if you got the work yourself? Years ago some friends signed a contract with an agent who arranged for them to make a record that never got released. But he never got them any work yet they still had to pay him 15% on all the work they found for themselves. BDV may be a benevolent company who only want to help your career but it's worth investigating before spending too much money on travel, maybe hotel expenses etc. I can only see a few extra public appearances to be gained by the artist. Even appearing in front of an audience of 5000 won't bring any extra work unless it includes a lot of agents. Which is unlikely.

This is just my opinion. But my advanced years and experience have made me a realist. I wish you all the best of luck in your auditions.

BGTfan350's picture

"I'm wondering what they get

"I'm wondering what they get out of it. Obviously they want to make money. So they charge an audition fee to successful applicants to go against production costs." 

If you read it again it actually says that if your audition is unsuccessful they will refund you the application fee.  

"BDV may be a benevolent company who only want to help your career but it's worth investigating before spending too much money on travel, maybe hotel expenses etc. I can only see a few extra public appearances to be gained by the artist. Even appearing in front of an audience of 5000 won't bring any extra work unless it includes a lot of agents. Which is unlikely."

The website says this: Apart from industry judges at the live shows, specially invited industry professionals such as theatrical agents and entertainment journalists were on the lookout for NEW TALENT, which made Britain Does Variety an incredible opportunity for acts to not only showcase their talent to friends, relatives and the general public, but also to get themselves 'noticed' as well as standing to win one of our huge prizes!

This suggests that relevant people might not only be there but on the judging panel itself.  As someone who lives quite near to one of the venues and already has the props, costumes etc, I think that the £10 entry fee is worth the risk, but then I have always felt in life that if you don't try something you won't succeed.  Just my point of view.

DevilWearsNada's picture

Hii!I auditioned on the 2nd

Hii!
I auditioned on the 2nd of december in Manchester and I was wondering if anyone else from manchester has heard anything, but we do still have until the end of feb! <3

Yorick's picture

BDV

Hi BGTfan 350. Firstly, always read the small print. I wrote that SUCCESSFUL applicants are charged an audition fee. Secondly, when you're buying any product online, don't look at the manufacturer's page - look at customer reviews. I googled a blog for BDV hopefuls for my info.

BVD actually wrote a reply to a wannabee who expressed doubts. They said they could not give big cash prizes because they were a small company. But some of their successes have gone on to work on cruises etc. They mentioned an appearance at the O2 arena as though that was a or the prize. Obviously the act would not be top of the bill because nobody would have heard of them.

Most talent contests I've entered over the years say there would be talent scouts in the audience. The fact is the producers invite them but there's no guarantee they'll turn up.

Can you name any previous BDV winners (without googling)? By all means, go for the audition. But with eyes open. With BGT, even if you don't go through to the second round, you've still been seen on a main TV channel which would certainly help promote your act.

I entered a county talent contest decades ago. The winner each week came back for the final on the 10th week. I sang 3 songs and the PA was fantastic. My voice sounded 10 times better than usual. It was like lip-synching to Tom Jones or somebody. Big ovation from the audience. An audience member came up to me afterwards and said " I just wanted you to know you're the best singer we've had so far. So don't be upset when you don't win. You didn't turn up with an agent or manager like the other winners always do. There's a lot of nudges and handshakes go on between them and the organisers." Guess what! I came second. But 5 points short of coming back for the "Best of the Runners-up Final".

Another talent contest had 2 winners, one for comedy, one for music. I was the only comic. I still lost. The winners were a group and an opera singer who sang a quarter-tone flat the whole song. One of the judges apologised after. He'd given me 10 out of 10 but the judge who was a local opera society chairman had given me zero.

But that's showbiz! My top tips are - get an agent and buy "the Stage" every week.

BGTfan350's picture

BDV

Hi Yorick, I stand duely corrected, sorry yes I completely mis-read your comment for which I apologise.  No I can't think of any act that has won BDV, but it is not televised so I wouldn't expect to

We are entering BDV with no other expectation than having a bit of fun.  We are by no means a show-biz family.  Having said that my kids do have an amazing talent and it would be nice for them to have somewhere to show case it.  They are quite different in what they do (which is why I won't spell it out to you on here, but if you are interested I would in-box you).  It is interesting what you say about agents and handshaking, but I don't think my children would ever earn enough to pay their fees.

I must pass comment though on what you said about BGT and that if you get through the first round at least your act will be televised.  Well i'm afraid that that is absolutely and utterly not true.  I know this from direct experience.  I suspect what you are calling the first round is the buzzer round in front of the judges (which is in reality the second round).  If you get two or three yeses you are then into the next round.  I cannot remember what they called it now but from that group of acts they select who they want to go to the Reveal, which is a weekend of filming which culiminates in you finding out if you have been selected for the live semi-finals.  Two years ago my children got 3 yeses from the judges, a standing ovation from the audience and made it through to The Reveal weekend, but not one milisecond of their audition was televised.  The only time we were seen on TV was in certain shots at the Reveal and if you blinked you would have missed it.  So even on BGT there are no guarantees.  We met and spoke to many of the semi-finalists and are still friends with some of our fellow competitors.

Yorick's picture

That's Show-business!

Hi BGT fan 350

Sorry to hear you got no TV exposure from BGT. That's the main thing that competitors want. Incidentally, the finals of BDV were apparently shown on Showcase TV ( Sky 191 Freesat 403) in January and online ( according to the FB page). Their area auditions  for under 16s and over 16s each have a 2 hour slot. If you allow 2 mins for each audition, that means the most they can see are 60 entrants in each category. I watched 1 video of a finalist. Blacked out stage. 2 lights moving about. I was bored after 10 secs and turned off.

If a finalist in the North appears in the finals in (I'm guessing) the South, do they pay their own travel expenses? Similarly for an O2 appearance. Does the winner get paid for appearing? My friends who had a contract with an agent who found them no work were expected to pay him a % of ALL earnings, even when they worked in a petrol station to make ends meet. So please bear that in mind when signing any contracts.

I'd like to know what your children's act is. Been watching Got to Dance. Some of the acts are totally amazing to me (a non-dancer). Some acts wow me but don't get through. Others I'm not impressed by, do. But as you say, even the short list gets short-listed.

Good luck with your ventures. Why doesn't some enterprising TV producer create a talent show based on videos of performers?  If I win the lottery, I'll do just that.

shinebright's picture

Auditions

Hi, we auditioned at Birmingham and we were filmed with microphones after our producer auditioned as he asked us to stay. Is this good? And do we still have a chance of getting through? Thanks!

megelizabethx's picture

Birmingham auditions 2013

Hi, i auditioned back in october for the pre auditions but i havnt heard anything back yet, and they said i would hear somthing even if im not through. i was just wondering if anybody knew when i would hear somthing, thanks.

Yorick's picture

BGT auditions

My London audition was 23 Nov. The leaflet I left with said that if I hadn't heard by the end of Feb I wasn't successful. So they weren't going to tell me if I was unsuccessful.

ginuzzo777's picture

I guess I didn't get through so I wrote this!

http://youtu.be/P1USPRzSufo

I hope you guys enjoy it! ...there's always next year xxxxxx