- December 30, 2010 at 3:33 pm #6287
These days it seems there are more British and Australian actors in American shows than there are native actors.
When we talk about Australian actors, of course we mean Australian soap actors. There’s a shocking amount of them kicking around tinseltown. I’ve got five to start us off, but let’s see how many we can come up with.
There are literally tons of other Aussie actors who’ve made it big in American television and movies. How many can you come up with?
- Guy Pearce – First known as Mike Young in Neighbours, Guy went on to play big movie roles in Christopher Nolan’s Memento and in Priscilla, Queen Of The Desert.
- Jesse Spencer – Another ex-Neighbours cast member, Spencer became a teen heartthrob as Billy Kennedy, but went on to fame as Robert Chase in [[House (TV Series)|House]].
- Hugh Jackman – Jackman actually turned down a role on Neighbours and found himself playing the Adamantium clawed Wolverine in various X Men movies.
- Melissa George – Playing Home & Away’s equivalent of Kylie and Jason, Melissa shot to fame as Angel in a long, drawn-out love story with ‘Shane’, whose name now escapes me. Melissa headed Stateside and has appeared in the Amityville Horror remake, Mulholland Drive and has been in hit shows like Grey’s Anatomy and Lie To Me.
- Isla Fisher – Another Home & Away alumnus, Isla’s Shannon Reed was the successor to Melissa’s Angel. First spotted in a small role as Shaggy’s girlfriend in the first Scooby Doo movie, she went on to appear in The Wedding Crashers and Confessions of a Shopaholic. Oh, and she got married to Ali G.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.