Ideal BGT and X factor judges. This is the kind of person who should be a judge.

Home Forums Ideal BGT and X factor judges. This is the kind of person who should be a judge.

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ageing tart Ageing tart 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ageing tart
    Ageing tart
    Participant

I have often thought like many professional people that the judging panels of the shows could have done with a real live musician or a real live singing teacher or proper industry mentor, the latter being someone who advises on careers and career direction. Which is not always that of the performer.

Its almost like the marketed commercial industry is rejecting the practices and values of the pre-existing music industry of the regions and of all those artists who have made it by the long and winding road.

However, Britain seems captured by the notion of the celebrity judge and the real reality is that these judges knowing nothing about the art of singing. You might say to me well ok but the programme employs voice coaches and choreographers to deal with the performance side of things, but I have to be honest here they get it wrong more often than they get it right.

So much so that whatever they do is now coming across as cheap and totally canned.

Today I spied in my local paper this article below and thought this is the kind of person who should be a judge on a show of this dimension. The reason for my thinking is that the level of experience far outweighs the fact that Cheryl and Danni are still in their nappies and Louis and Simon have become more like trainers of bears from the medieval market place. A role btw Simon admitted to enjoying some time ago.

So if real talent is what you need to find than the programme needs people like this;-

http://www.journallive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-news/2010/11/09/elvis-presley-s-guitarist-sets-up-home-near-berwick-61634-27622795/

Maureen

AGeing tart

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php
Skip to toolbar