My favourite EastEnders family: The Masoods

Home Forums General Chat My favourite EastEnders family: The Masoods

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Gerard McGarry Gerard McGarry 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Could there be any better family in EastEnders these days than the Masoods? We’re at a stage where the Mitchells have bred to every corner of the Earth, a family where distant relatives just keep on re-appearing, mostly blonde, bolshy types or old East End gangsters.

The Slaters have all but died out. From bursting onto the scene years ago, all of the original Slater girls have wandered away. It’ll soon be Jean and Stacey and old Mo left. The Jacksons have come and gone, but they’re a rough lot. And that Max Branning would hump anything with a pulse.

What I like about the Masoods is that they’re one of the only minority families in Walford. But they’re not being painted in an overly-PC way. Sometimes they’re a horrible lot to behold. Zainab is a formidable matriarch: bossy, suspicious and sharp-tongued. But she can play vulnerable at the same time.

Hen-pecked Masood is a generally benign head of the family, but it’s been interesting to watch his livid reactions to discovering his son is gay.

I’ve loved the Syed/Amira/Christian love triangle – such an unusual situation, especially with Christian being a close friend of the couple. Possibly one of the best long-running storylines, because you just don’t know how it’s going to play out. Add that to the religious conflict that faces Syed and now his family, and you have a very compelling show.

Token geek Tamwar doesn’t get as many juicy storylines as he should. My preference is that he does the honorable thing by Amira and marries her instead, therefore keeping possibly the hottest woman in Walford… in Walford.

So, EastEnders watchers: do you have a favourite family living in Albert Square?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php
Skip to toolbar