My Top 10 Songs This Week – 10th May 2010

Home Forums General Chat My Top 10 Songs This Week – 10th May 2010

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of RandomEnigma RandomEnigma 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hey guys! Does anyone own a Last FM account? It’s a great social networking site that can be used to measure what you’re listening to on a weekly basis by recording your listening habits on your iPod, iTunes and/or Windows Media Player. The site has inspired me to share with each what our Top 10 favourite songs at the moment are. If you don’t have a Last.FM account, why not share with us your Top 10 favourite songs at the moment. I’m thinking of doing this on a weekly basis, here is my Top 10 favourite songs this week and descriptions of why I like them, according to my Last.FM account.

Here is my Top 10 Songs I’m listening to at the moment:

01. Katy Perry featuring Snoop Dogg: California Gurls
    I think this is going to be a huge Summer hit for Katy Perry and acts a strong lead single from her as of yet untitled sophomore album. Everything about the song reminds me of Summer – it makes me want to hit the beach with a pile of scantily clad girls, get out the barbeque and drink fruit flavoured drinks…of the alcoholic variety, of course. Love Snoop’s West Coast flavoured verse and the song, in the same way that Empire State Of Mind made me want to visit New York, makes me want to visit Los Angeles. Although, I don’t think the song is near as iconic. Still a fun poppish number to blast out this Summer.

02. Katy Perry: E.T. (Futuristic Lover)
    This has just leaked online and hopefully will make the final cut for the album. LikeCalifornia Gurls, this is more electropop with pop rock influences but has a much more sparse, industrial sound. It actually sounds like something faux-lesbians t.A.t.U. might have created. The chorus is huge, epic and would do well as a soundtrack for some film. I’ve always like Katy Perry’s singles but found her One Of The Boys album patchy, I have much higher expectations for this one. Consider me a fan.

03. Little Big Town: Bones
    Some good old country music to add a bit of variety to my iPod. This a good old dirty Southern tune which features on the soundtrack of True Blood – the TV show I’ve been harping on about for ages now. Love the combination of male and female vocals.

04. Hole: Pacific Coast Highway
    Possibly the best song from Hole’s new album. With a softer sound than their usual grungy music, reminiscent of their early hit Malibu, Courtney Love addresses the deeply personal lyrics of Kurt Cobain’s death. 5 minutes of ’90s influenced music that will hopefully do well on radio.

05. Red Hot Chili Peppers: This Is The Place
    I normally applaud RCHP for their energy, it’s nice to hear something more melanchony from them from time to time though. It just goes to show that lead singer Anthony Kiedis is just as capable of showing vulnerability as he is of showing party animal.

06. Cobra Starship: Wet Hot American Summer
    A fun party tune from a consistently fun party album. Perfect for the Summer party.

07. Muse: Exogenesis: Symphony Part 2
    The second part of Muse’s new single is perfect epic background music whilst carrying out the difficult quest of doing the housework.

08. The Killers: For Reasons Unknown
    One of my favourite Killers tracks. I’ve been playing all my Killers favourites regularly.

09. Yeah Yeah Yeahs: Zero
    A soaring disco number that still remains infectious today as it did when it was released in February ’09. I’m so mad it didn’t make the Top 10, anyone want to start a Facebook campaign.

10. Thom Yorke: Hearing Damage
    Taken from the New Moon soundtrack, this electronic ballad is a real grower. I suggest you check it out.

You don’t need to write out detailed descriptions of why you like the songs, like I did. A list is fine so we can compare music tastes.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php
Skip to toolbar