No Ordinary Family: How their powers develop

Home Forums No Ordinary Family: How their powers develop

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Gerard McGarry Gerard McGarry 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

I’m sitting rewatching the pilot episode of No Ordinary Family, and the line that Julie Benz’s character says just struck me as interesting:

In a life short on time, I suddenly found myself…fast.

It’s pretty clear from the episode that Stephanie is against the wall balancing demands from family and work. I wonder if her powers developed in response to a need?

If you look at the son – they’re initially worried about his academic performance, but when he gains his powers, he becomes super-smart. It’s harder to cram Jim Powell and daughter Daphne into this scenario – but Jim clearly feels emasculated by his lack of career direction and his wife’s high-powered job. So perhaps he develops almost-invulnerability as a reaction to that. Certainly, he embraces his powers’ capability to change his life.

As for Daphne…her telepathic power comes at the right time to discover her boyfriend’s sleeping with her best friend.

I’m probably over-thinking it though…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php
Skip to toolbar