The Best Rihanna Songs

Home Forums General Chat The Best Rihanna Songs

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Gerard McGarry Gerard McGarry 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

A while ago, back on Unreality Music, I ran a post with my Top 5 Rihanna songs. That was two years ago, back in January 2008. Since then, Rihanna has released stacks of new music and singles.

I thought it might be fun to update that list of the best Rihanna songs by asking members of the Shout forum what songs you’d include in your Top 10. And, just for historical reasons, here’s my original Top 5:

5. Don’t Stop The Music

This one hasn’t been released in the UK yet, but it’s going to be an instant dancefloor classic.

It’s probably the most blatantly club-oriented track Rihanna has released to date (yes, even better than SOS). Pumping bass, classic Jacko sample and tres hot video. Brill.

4. Shut Up And Drive

The follow-up to the massive Umbrella, Shut Up And Drive was a much needed injection of hi-octane rock. With some suggestive lyrics about handling her curves and running the lights, it’s a racy little number (pardon the pun, folks).

Oh yeah, and the video features one of them there all-female garages where the mechanics are impossibly hot and can wear white overalls without getting dirty. That, people, is how you know it’s a fantasy, by the way.

3. Umbrella

Undoubtedly her biggest hit to date, Umbrella gets marked down somewhat for the severe overexposure it enjoyed during the summer. Still one of the best tracks of her career, and – if you read my review – that intro from Jay-Z eventually grew on me.

It’s bizarre to think that this track was offered to Mary J Blige first. I don’t think it would have been nearly as popular though.

2. SOS

2006’s SOS is one of my favourite Rihanna songs – an electro-pop rehash of Soft Cell’s Tainted Love. Guess what though? It’s another song that was offered to a different artists – Christina Millian this time – before landing on L.A. Reid’s desk.

In the video, Rihanna sports a variety of different looks, most of them smoking hot. Probably one of my favourites as she looks quite bubbly and fun compared with other videos where the hair and dress are quite harsh.

1. Pon de Replay

Rihanna’s debut single, and in my opinion her best release so far. I remember loving how different she sounded compared with other female acts at the time.

A fantastic dance/pop track that still sounds fresh two years later. Here’s the video, turn the music up….

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php
Skip to toolbar