Top “First Dance” Wedding Songs

Home Forums General Chat Top “First Dance” Wedding Songs

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Gerard McGarry Gerard McGarry 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Since we’ve already covered the funeral songs, I thought it might be interesting to hear what you guys think would be good first dance songs for a wedding reception.

And how many of you married types out there can remember the first dance from your wedding day?

I’ve done a bit of scouting around the internet and here are some of the most frequently requested first dance wedding songs. They’re not in any particular order, so feel free to comment on the songs and add your own suggestions in the comments!

1. Wonderful Tonight – Eric Clapton
    2. Don’t Know Much – Aaron Neville and Linda Ronstadt
    3. At Last – Etta James (literally suggested everywhere I looked – how come I’ve never heard this song?)
    4. Because You Loved Me – Celine Dion (better than My Heart Will Go On? Probably…)
    5. From This Moment – Shania Twain
    6. Everything I Do (I Do It For You) – Bryan Adams
    7. When A Man Loves A Woman – Percy Sledge (or, for extra cheese factor, Michael Bolton)
    8. Endless Love – Lionel Richie and Diana Ross
    9. Amazed – Lonestar
    10. Thank You (For Lovin’ Me) – Bon Jovi
    11. It Had To Be You – Harry Connick Jr

I’ve got to leave it there, simply because I’m out of time. Two major things missing from this list – there aren’t that many modern love songs in the list, and there aren’t any popular UK artists. Think of Boyzone, Westlife, Wet Wet Wet (Love Is All Around).

Over to you lot – what songs would you add to the list?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php
Skip to toolbar