True Blood: Was Alcide Herveaux a total washout in Season 3?

Home Forums True Blood: Was Alcide Herveaux a total washout in Season 3?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Gerard McGarry Gerard McGarry 6 years ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

The third season of [[True Blood (TV Series)|True Blood]] introduced the character of Alcide Herveaux.

In the books, Alcide ends up helping Sookie Stackhouse to find Bill as a favour to Eric. He’s a werewolf with a deranged ex-girlfriend – Debbie Pelt – who takes a murderous dislike to Sookie. More than that, he and Sookie get wrapped up in some dangerous scenes, and end up disposing of a body together. How romantic.

More importantly, I always thought of him as a perfect replacement for Bill. Sookie developed warm feelings for Alcide almost instantly when he came to her house and had a cooked breakfast – and she could never have a normal meal with Bill.

On the contrary, Alcide popped up as a character in the first half of the series and has gone AWOL in the second half altogether. I don’t think True Blood did a great job of capturing Alcide’s positive points – his flawed father, his welcoming sister and how good he might be for Sookie. In the books Alcide was almost the perfect lover for her, but I don’t think he translated very well to True Blood. What do you think?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php
Skip to toolbar