Upgrading to iOS 5.0 gives “unknown error” code 3200

Home Forums Upgrading to iOS 5.0 gives “unknown error” code 3200

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Gerard McGarry Gerard McGarry 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

I know a few of you who are busting to upgrade your iPhone (or iWhatever) to the latest version of iOS. iOS 5 was released this evening – an upgrade I’ve been looking forward to.

Unfortunately, when I downloaded the update and tried to apply it, I got an error message “unknown error” with the code number 3200. At first I was worried that the download had been corrupted (which can happen) – but as it turns out, the update is so popular, even Apple’s servers are creaking under the pressure!

Yes, it seems everybody’s updating at once.

From what I understand, the update file isn’t corrupted – the message appears when the update process contacts Apple to verify the upgrade. Apparently this is the point where the error occurs because Apple’s servers aren’t properly responding.

The advice: Leave it for a few hours (or even until tomorrow) until demand dies down a bit, then try again. You’ve already got the update file downloaded, so it’s just a matter of being patient!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar