X factor media machine invasion of contestants lives.

Home Forums X factor media machine invasion of contestants lives.

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ageing tart Ageing tart 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ageing tart
    Ageing tart

Do we have the right to know all the rights and wrongs of an X factor contestants life?

I am curious do we really need to know all of this before the heats are even half way through.

How the contestants are portrayed in the press can colour your viewpoint of someones abilities to sing or entertain, so is this media and press attention really necessary at the early stages?

Do you think we should at least get half way through the competition before the press are allowed access to personal details?

Someone said to me once that they felt that audiences had a need to get to know the contestants character personality etc, but in another way sometimes this leads to more emphasis on the hard luck stories, and also highlights other negative areas of an individuals life.

To give you an example I do think a competition should be judged entirely on whether people can sing and entertain, but today in the press someone from Cher Lloyds school days has stuck the knife in to say the girl was a violent bully. True or not this could mean that viewers will be tempted not to be voting for her and that her days are numbered in the show.

Gamugate has now grown out of context, as the press have somehow attained details of the benefits the family were in receipt of . This means a Dwp worker must have broken confidential records.Not that this makes any difference to the life of a regional singer as at least they could go back to that after the touring a year later. Also the life of a real regional singer is like ly to have been blighted by lengthy spells of unemployment due to the seasonal nature of some work or the checkered work history of there daily work record. The enlightenment means that there is no garden party.

Cheryl has added a little more intrigue by saying she was told to drop Gamu because of her Visa Status yet Simon is denying it. So where does this leave Cheryl, I don’t think this was a misunderstanding do you?

Do we really need to know any of this before the heats have even began or does all this questionable reporting render the show more interesting?

Ageing tart

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar