Your 2010 Summer Anthem Poll

Home Forums Your 2010 Summer Anthem Poll

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dara Hickey Dara Hickey 6 years ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Well, there a lot of competition this year for the title of summer anthem. A summer anthem has to envoke the real sense of summer – fun, frolicking, relaxing and just feeling great. This song, the video and the lyrics should evoke the feeling of summer and everything that comes with it.

So I’m going to start a competition, I’ve done this over at BBC ChartBlog and have spent the last few days compiling songs and sorting out the instructions and restrictions.

INSTRUCTIONS AND RESTRICTIONS

The poll will be created and a link posted on here on the week commencing AUGUST 23RD, in order to let the singles released on the closing week of the poll to chart.

You can vote however many times you want for your favourite summer single.

You can vote for more than one single.

Every song in the list will have to have been released between June 1, 2010 and August 17, 2010 (inclusive) to qualify for the poll.

All the songs featured in the poll MUST have charted within the UK Top 40 to even get a look in.

Only one song per artist can feature in the poll. If an artist has released two songs between the designated dates, the highest charting of the two will automatically have priority.

Only singles which have received an official UK release will qualify. No tracks from a leaked album will be taken into account.

If a track has a release date announced after August 17th, yet has managed to peak in the UK Top 40 early, it will be ignored as it will not have received it’s offical release before the closing date previously stated.

Please do not feel you have to be biased towards your favourite artists should they appear in the poll. Please vote solely on the single and how well it encapsulates the summer vibe.

The poll will open on the 23rd August, 2010, and close exactly two weeks later, on 6th September, 2010.

To prevent votes cast after the closing date being counted, the poll will be deleted and the link disabled after the results have been collated.

These instructions and restrictions are final.

So, on August 23rd you’ll all get the chance to see the possible contenders from Summer Anthem 2010, they’ll be posted on here in a list. Then you can click on a link which will take you to the poll in which all the above intrusctions and restrictions will apply. You can then vote for your favourite.

I do apologise if a sounded a little hostile in this post and so I’d just like to say I’m actually quite nice.

So yeah, get deciding and I hope to see you all on August 23rd.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php
Skip to toolbar