Radio 1’s new music guru, Huw Stephens is to release his first ever compilation of fresh musical talent.
Featuring 21 tracks hand-picked by the face of BBC’s ‘Introducing’, Music Sounds Better With Huw: Volume 1 is a snapshot of the new talent that is regularly played out on Huw Stephen’s Radio 1 show, showcased on his Wales C4 TV appearances and curated at the now-annual SWN Festival in Cardiff, as well as various festival stages at the likes of Reading / Leeds, Glastonbury and Lattitude.
The majority of tracks are exclusive to the compilation and include talent from the whole of the British Isles in the likes of Leed’s Dinosaur Pile Up and Pulled Apart By Horses, Scotland’s Copy Haho, Welsh entities Gallops, Swanton Bombs and Sweet Baboo, plus talent from Iceland (Hjaltalin) and the US (Wax Fang).
The album is available exclusively through iTunes, and you can get a sampler of the album on the website for the album.
Huw Stephens will be hosting the album launch gig from his monthly residency at the Social, Great Portland St in London on 9th June. Bands playing at the launch include Stricken City, Copy Haho, Gallops and the debut live show by the much-talked about Gold Panda.
Entry is free and starts at 8pm.
- Calories – Adventuring
- Copy Haho – You Are My Coal Mine
- Wax Fang – World War II (Pt. 2)
- We Have Band – Oh! (Plugs Remix)
- Pulled Apart By Horses – The Crapsons
- Hjaltalin – Suitcase Man
- Sweet Baboo – Woe Unto Me to Get High
- Swanton Bombs – Sorrysayer
- Cyclones – See If I Float
- Banjo or Freakout – Eighty-Eight
- Gentle Friendly – Clean Break
- Young Fathers – Bring It Home
- Stricken City – Pull The House Down
- Holy State – Solid State Messiah (vs the Valve Viking)
- Gallops! – Lasers
- Tubelord – Somewhere Out There A Dog Is On Fire
- Dinosaur Pile-up – Opposites Attract
- Portasound – 4 Minute Warning
- Colorama – Oyasumi Baby
- Gold Teeth – Everybody
- Gold Panda – Like, Totally